Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Passion Project Reflection


The Passion Project from Sean McFarland on Vimeo.

I visited a film in English today known as "The Passion Project". The film, as you can assume, was about passions and what makes people passionate. So it left me with the question,"What am i passionate about?"

What is my passion?
I find myself not knowing what my heart is attached to. I know what i like to do and i know what makes me happy but i cannot say there is anything in this world that i am truly passionate about. I enjoy going for hikes. i enjoy playing video games. i enjoy tinkering and playing with computers and i love my girlfriend to no end but there is no real concept or idea that i can say i'm passionate about. i enjoy helping other, but so do most. I cant say my heart is attached to my hobbies so its very difficult for me to relate to the given video. so what this leaves me with is yet another question. Has society molded me to be a robot or have i yet to discover my passion?


Passion in the classroom
So say i have yet to obtain a passion and i'm not a robot. This then brings me to asking yet another question. Can a passion be obtained? I recall the video touched on this topic briefly in a classroom setting. They states that a successful teacher must be passionate about what it is that he is attempting to teach the class. A teacher cannot be antisocial nor can they be the center of attention. I know from experience that students can teach a newly learned piece of information to other students very well because they can relate. i believe if a teacher, that is passionate about what they teacher, can relate with their students and make it seem they're equal with their students. Then that classroom will thrive from the teachers passion and maybe that will help the students discover their passions.



Passion -> Privileged
When asking what to do with my life i often get the response "Do what you love". Easier said than done right? This advice reminds me of the privileged in the sense that it ignores the fact that the majority of the world's population works to get food and housing. They don't work for emotional or spiritual fulfillment.  a lot of anger and even shame can surface if you don't love your career when the over privileged are telling you that you should.



No comments:

Post a Comment